Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sam's Dad

Samuel had another heart rate spike this morning in the 220 bpm range. We sent two of the "wireless gizmo" EKGs when he was at the high rate. He then came out of it on his own before we tried any techniques or loaded up for the ER. The pediatric pulmonary specialist told us to raise his future propanolol dosage again. On Monday we go in to set Sam up with another 24 hour heart monitor.

I (Brett) have a sinus infection. I went in to a UW clinic yesterday with a bad cold. It is the same clinic that we have taken Sam half a dozen times for pediatrician appointments. The receptionist took my name and before she had entered my information she said, "Oh, you're Sam's dad." I'm now known by some people primarily as someone else's dad. My doctor quickly prescribed an antibiotic to take (ironically) at the same times Sam takes his medicine. We spent the rest of the time discussing Sam, SVT, wireless EKGs, and the wonderment of beta blockers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Must be a wonderful feeling as a father to be known as your son's dad!