Saturday, July 14, 2012

Updates and water slide

At the end of April Sam, Jake, and I went to Great Wolf Lodge to see Grandma Mary and Aunt Betsy. I taped Sam's first water slide experience.


I finished school in May and signed with a new firm in June.

The boys started taking gymnastics lessons in June.  They take classes on Mondays and Katie coaches a class at the same gym on Tuesdays.

Jake is picking up a bunch of new words each day.  When he says "help, please" it is adorable.
Sam quizzes him at lunch.
Sam: "Jake, say wall."
Jake: "Wall."
Sam: "Say window."
Jake: "Window."

Both boys suddenly are afraid of spiderwebs.  Sam has been hung up on talking about poisonous spiders for awhile.  We think it is from his Spiderman books.  Eventually Jake took this to heart and started getting nervous around spiderwebs (including rubber climbing webs at the park).  Now this seems to have rubbed off on Sam to a certain extent and (despite what Katie and I keep telling him) he is starting to wonder if spiders wandering on the deck are all in fact poisonous.  He used to say it and not really believe it.  Hopefully this passes soon.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I think a nice family bonding evening watching the "classic" Arachnaphobia is in order...

Cute Video...btw