Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blue Mounds






































Sam and I went out to Blue Mounds State Park for the Candlelight Ski/Snowshoe/Hike. Kate opted out as dark uneven ground in the cold with an extra person in your belly might not be a good idea. The trail was hard to see and quite uneven in some spots. Sam walked about a quarter mile before he asked to get into the backpack. What surprised me was that he kept bringing up how "dark woods are dangerous", "woods are dangerous at night", and "wolves are in the woods at night". I told him he was safe and then Sam went on to remind me of the Big Bad Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood and another one from The Three Little Pigs. Once he was in the backpack he said he was safe. The picture of Sam and I is the result of the nice lady holding the camera saying "smile!"


No comments: