

Lots of updates... missed a month.
Everyone is doing well. Sam seems to be adding a word every couple days. Some of them are half formed. One of his favorites is "fie-fie". This is a fire truck. Usually he is breathless when he says it and then follows it up with a "woo-woo" siren noise. His fire truck books are his current favorites.
Kate usually drives our little blue four door car. If I am driving Sam in the Jeep and he sees a blue four door car he points and says "mama". I usually tell him it is not mommy (occasionally I realize that it is). One Sunday morning he and I were in the blue car and he saw yet another four door blue car. After saying "mama" a couple times I explained that we were in mommy's car and she was home. He thought for a moment and said "nah, mama".
I have taken Sam up to Devil's Lake a few more times in the backpack and he loves it. On the first trip of the season we were hiking up the west bluffs and I was admittedly a bit winded. Sam started mimicking my heavy breathing. I stopped for some water and asked him if he was making fun of me. He pulled on my ear, pointed up the bluff, and said "go".
He is also a fan of the bike trailer. We have been on a couple bike trips into downtown Madison and he does really well (usually falling asleep on the return). Biking on Old Middleton Road allows you to parallel University Avenue without all the traffic. The downside is that the road is full of potholes and patches. Sam doesn't mind a bit. On one trip he hummed and laughed on and off for ten minutes. With all the downhill bumps it sounding like he was patting his hand over his mouth going "ba-ba-ba-ba-ba".
The highlight of many days is the first ten minutes. One of us gets Sam when he wakes up, brings him into our room, and then he plays under the blankets with us. Very simple. Very blessed.
1 comment:
I like that your son treats you like his personal pack mule :)
Post a Comment