Thursday, February 19, 2009

Crib, Check up, Birthday





Sam escaped from his crib a couple weeks ago.  Kate and I were in bed at 6 am and heard a crash in Sam's room followed by some unhappy noises.  He apparently hit the hamper on the way down and got a couple nice cuts on his face.  I ran around the corner and pushed his door open.  The door barely missed  him as he ran away from his crib.  After about three minutes he was done crying and went to playing normally.  A few days ago we went to Lisa's to pick up an alternate crib.  We believe this one is escape proof.






We had a routine cardiologist check up.  The halter monitor from a couple months ago came back normal.  He had an ECG on site that was great.  He still doesn't tolerate the blood pressure check very well.  He doesn't scream or whine, but he is supposed to remain still.... this does not happen often.  The plan is to keep medicine dosing as is and get another check up in four months.  This is a huge blessing.  As Sam gains weight the propranolol density in his system is going down.  Either there is still enough density to keep the therapeutic effect, or the connection has atrophied and he is growing out of SVT.  A third of kids never grow out of it, a third do, and another third temporarily have no episodes and then many years later the SVT comes back.  In any case, Sam's check up could not have gone better.

Betsy turned 30 and we went to Hartland and Oconomowoc for bowling and pizza.  Katie was trash talking earlier in the day about how she was going to beat me at Hartbrook Lanes.  I think the last time either of us bowled was last year at Betsy's party.  Let the record show that I out- bowled my wife.  She can beat me in most things, but on Tuesday I was less terrible than her at bowling.  I barely broke 100, but it was enough.  Sam was great.  He was especially interested in the joystick controls for the player/lane assignments.   It looked like a scene from an old Star Trek episode.  





No comments: